Denture maintenance and oral care
Denture insertion using adhesive
- Clean and dry denture
- Apply small amount of adhesive (not too close to the edges)
- Rinse mouth
- Press dentures in place, hold firmly and bite down.
Denture removal and cleansing
- It is extremely important to remove and clean dentures daily. Dentures should be removed at night while sleeping to allow gums to breath. Healthy gums are happy gums.
- Upper denture: Place thumb against front teeth and press upward and outward toward the nose
- Lower denture: Slowly pull on the dentures while applying a rocking motion
- When dentures are removed, rinse them over a sink filled with water so they will not break if dropped
- Drop tablet of Polident into a denture bath or glass containing warm water
- Allow dentures to soak as little as 5 minutes or overnight depending on formula being used
- Rinse dentures with running water before placing them
If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to email or call the office.
Santa Clarita Dentist, David A. Tanner, D.D.S